Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Avalon, NJ on Saturday, June 24th.

Well, just yesterday I managed to find out that there's a craft show going on in Avalon on the 24th, and that the deadline to apply is the 19th. I emailed them immediately, and they got back to me this morning saying they'd send an application out ASAP. So with any luck:

1) that thing will get here within a couple of days, and 2) they'll accept it being faxed back, or 3) it'll either get there just in time or they'll accept it a day or two late.

Gotta love last-minute. And that's actually not sarcastic. I'm incredibly bad at planning, and exceptionally good at being spontaneous. If all shows had application deadlines that were only five days before the actual show, I'd be doing them every weekend, or at least as often as I could replenish my inventory. And speaking of replenishing inventory..



I'm told a lot that I don't make enough earrings. Well today I made several pairs, and this is one of them. Snow quartz, rose quartz, and montana Swarovski crystal.



That's an earring/bracelet set that I also made today in preparation for this show coming up. It's made from porcelain beads, malachite and rhodonite beads, and silver-plate. It's also the only one in existence, since those four pink porcelain beads are the only ones I have, and there's no way for me to get my hands on more. Gotta love real one-of-a-kind jewelry.

Anyway. Preparation for the show. Since there was no mention of a jury, I'm hazarding the assumption that just getting in the application will get me a spot, and so that means that I'm going to be spending the next two weeks in a jewelry-making frenzy. Which is going to be a feat, considering I already have the task of moving into my apartment this weekend on my hands. Not only is this a lot of work, but it also means all of my supplies are going to have to be packed up, unpacked, and sorted out before I can start working again. I also have to buckle down and get my display figured out. That's the main thing that's been keeping me from applying to shows, the fact that I don't have a real table setup. I have a few racks that I built (oh yeah that's right), a few tiles to display things on, a nice table covering.. and that's about it. I need nicer tables, more display racks.. and a tent! Oh, and a bigger car so that I'll actually be able to transport all this stuff ;)

So yeah, it's definitely time to see what I'm made of! I'll keep you updated on the status of my application, but as of now, I'm assuming I'll be at the Avalon Chamber of Commerce Craft Show on Saturday June 24th, so if you're in the area, come on out! Let me know if you plan to be there!

No comments: