Friday, June 09, 2006

You won't be seeing any basement here either.

Thought I'd give you guys a look at where all the magic happens. Except to make it a bit more interesting than it actually is.. we're doing it Tina-style!



Hi, and welcome to the Southern New Jersey Department of Creative Arts official Bedroom Workspace Tour! Let's hold all questions until the end of the tour, okaaay? Thank you!



Please say hello to one of our residents Stacie. Stacie is holding a beaded necklace that she seems very proud of. She has carefully decorated it with lots of crystal and stone. She is also working with some aventurine. Can you say that with me? AYH-VEN-TUUR-EEEEEN.



The mainstay of a jewelry designer's work is beads. Beads can be used in many ways. They can be glued, wrapped, or in this case, strung. Yes, there are thousands and thousands of uses for beads, all of which I will tell you about right now!

Okay, maybe I won't ;)

Anyway. That's my space. One of these days when I'm rich and famous, I'll have my own amazing studio, and I'll give you a real tour- something more Robert Rodriguez Ten Minute Film School than Tina How'd Y'all Like the Alamo. How awesome would that be? An enormous studio with plenty of space and no distractions, right above my future brick-and-mortar shop in my dream location of New Hope, Pennsylvania. And all the biggest stars will be flying in from LA on a regular basis to see me and clamor over my work.

"Stacie, this bracelet is SO fetch. It would look so good on me at the Grammys next week."
"Thanks Madonna, that's so sweet! Brad already put it on hold for Angelina though."
"Oh really? That's a shame. You know.. I'm shooting my new video in New York tomorrow. That's only an hour or so away, isn't it? I'd love for you to come up and make a cameo."
"I'd love to, Madge. The bracelet's still Angelina's though."
"Damn."

Haha, that'll be the life.

No comments: